Saturday, October 31, 2009

Don Cheadle Dishes on 'Iron Man 2'

By: Nicholas White

In next year's 'Iron Man 2,' Don Cheadle, who takes over for Terrence Howard in the sequel, says the movie's technical complexities were an unforeseen challenge for the veteran actor.

"The special effects, the amount of things that happen, the amount of CGI," Cheadle told Moviefone at Thursday's Ante Up for Africa event outside L.A., to benefit Darfur charities. "It's like getting to play with the best toys at the best level.

"I think the character that I play, my CGI character worked as much as I worked," reveals Cheadle, who plays Col. Jim Rhodes and War Machine in the movie. "The stuntman worked as much as I worked. It's a huge undertaking. It was great. It was a really different experience than I have worked on before. Robert [Downey Jr.] is a great guy to work with. Jon Favreau, everybody is quality. It's a lot of fun, the series."

Cheadle is also signed for the same role in the upcoming 'Avengers,'but Cheadle says that movie is "down the road."

A controversy that has dogged Cheadle since signing onto 'Iron Man 2' last October was his replacing of his pal Howard, who was not asked back for the second one, reportedly because of a money disagreement.

Cheadle said Thursday of taking over for Howard, "The sort of ancillary buzz around it was kind of weird, kind of strange. Terrence is a friend of mine. But the actual playing it, I just felt like it was my role. I wasn't made to feel like I had to sort of take care of what was done before. I really feel like I could make it my own."

Cheadle's Ante Up for Africa event, which was attended by friends Marlon Wayans, George Lopez, Cheryl Hines, and Mekhi Phifer, was co-hosted by poker pro Annie Duke, to benefit Darfur charities. It is the second annual Ante Up for Africa.

SOURCE: Moviefone

=========================================

Don Cheadle is a great actor.  In my opinion, he will do an excellent job.  Also, to all people responsible for the CGI, nice work guys!!!
I can't wait for Ironman 2!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment